Here’s How to Get Your Credit Ready to Buy a Motorcycle
You’ve had your eye on a new Harley for some time. And you’re wondering what you need to do prior to purchasing one. Here are some tips on how to get your credit ready, according to Experian.
Check Your FICO Score
Checking your FICO score is an easy, first step. The higher the score, the better.
Scoring low? Here are some ways to get that score up.
Check Your Credit Report
You should always be keeping tabs on your credit report. Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion are offering free weekly credit reports through April 20, 2021.
U.S. consumers can request their free weekly credit reports through AnnualCreditReport.com.
Once your reports are in your possession, here are some things you should look for, according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau:
- Make sure your personally identifiable information such as name, address, Social Security Number are correct.
- Confirm accounts and loans are correct. Often, accounts belonging to someone with a similar name may show up on your account. This is called a mixed file.
- Identify accounts resulting from any identity theft.
- Take note of accounts that are reported as open when they should be closed.
- Note any accounts reported incorrectly as delinquent and any corrections needed for late payment.
- Look for debts that are duplicates and possibly with different names.
- Note any accounts with incorrect balances and also incorrect credit limits.
- Report any inaccuracies to the credit company immediately.
These tips can help improve your bad credit and get you ready for the open road.
More Content Like This